The following notice has just been issued by England Squash and should be noted by all coaches in the county
- All existing coaches must undertake face-to-face safeguarding training when their current safeguarding qualification lapses.
- Once a coach has attended the latest face-to-face training, future courses they attend could either be online or face-to-face.
- For coaches whose safeguarding qualification expires soon, we are offering a grace period between now and 1 February 2020, during which time their Coach Membership (including insurance) will still be valid regardless of whether their safeguarding qualification has expired. This will allow reasonable time for those coaches to complete the face-to-face training.
- Coach Member validity will be subject to the coach having evidenced that they are booked on to a course before the end of the grace period (e.g. emailing evidence of their booking to England Squash), alongside holding a current Coach Membership, up to date DBS certificate, and First Aid certificate (Level 2 and above).
- England Squash will continue to working with the CPSU to ensure that training courses are available and that we have the best possible safeguards in place for the squash community. We are committed to supporting coaches through this transitionary period so please do get in touch if you have any questions.