The Cheshire website is a work in progress. Let us have your details for the relevant pages. email to cheshiresquash.net
Some photos of this year’s championships are now on the website.
Results of this year’s championships can be downloaded from the Tournaments page
They are not actually new, but they are new to the website. Check them out. I have a lot more to add, but should I do so on a more user friendly gallery. I’ll have to upgrade the site to do so. Would anyone like to sponsor the photos page? your company details can be at the top of the page. Contact me if you would be interested.
The following notice has just been issued by England Squash and should be noted by all coaches in the county
- All existing coaches must undertake face-to-face safeguarding training when their current safeguarding qualification lapses.
- Once a coach has attended the latest face-to-face training, future courses they attend could either be online or face-to-face.
- For coaches whose safeguarding qualification expires soon, we are offering a grace period between now and 1 February 2020, during which time their Coach Membership (including insurance) will still be valid regardless of whether their safeguarding qualification has expired. This will allow reasonable time for those coaches to complete the face-to-face training.
- Coach Member validity will be subject to the coach having evidenced that they are booked on to a course before the end of the grace period (e.g. emailing evidence of their booking to England Squash), alongside holding a current Coach Membership, up to date DBS certificate, and First Aid certificate (Level 2 and above).
- England Squash will continue to working with the CPSU to ensure that training courses are available and that we have the best possible safeguards in place for the squash community. We are committed to supporting coaches through this transitionary period so please do get in touch if you have any questions.
Cheshire Squash are sad to hear of the death of Ray Bentham, former Chair of Prestbury Squash Club. Ray was well known throughout the county as a stalwart supporter of the NWSCL, both in his time, advice and financial. He will be greatly missed by all.
We have added a useful document on the clubs page. it has been provided by England Squash and is part of their clubs toolkit. Find it and much more on the England Squash Website
This is a reminder to all squash coaches in Cheshire. When you renew your safeguarding certification you need to do a face to face course as required by the CPSU. England Squash have agreed a grace period till 1st February 2020, after which date your coach insurance may be invalid. See the coaching page for further details.
Cheshire Squash will try to seek out and publish local courses. We will put the dtails on the website
Did you know that there is a player code of conduct? Download it from the safeguarding page